Vicious Cycle is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation.
Vicious Cycle needs to collect certain personal information in order to properly carry out its functions and activities. The types of information that we collect will depend on the circumstances of your involvement or contact with the us.
Collection of Personal Information and how we collect it
In order to provide services to you, we may ask for personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Examples of where we may collect personal information include, but are not limited to, when you make an in store or online purchase, provide details to join our mailing lists or databases, provide information via social media pages, enter a competition, send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested. If you choose to withhold requested information however, we may not be able to provide you with the service you require should that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
Collection of personal information through Websites, Social Media and Apps
Information is automatically collected through your use of the Vicious Body websites, Affiliates’ websites, social media and apps, through cookies or by other electronic means. Cookies are small text files that websites or apps may place on your computer or device, and are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences.
We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to personal user accounts. Cookies may also be used to allow the website to track usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow Vicious Cycle to customise a user's experience on their websites. This information is used and disclosed by Vicious Cycle for purposes including statistical analysis, and to assist Vicious Cycle to improve the functionality and usability of the website and our apps.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- to deliver any of Vicious Cycle’s customer relationship management systems
- to create orders
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- to provide you with services you have requested from us
- promoting Vicious Cycle, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers,
- protecting the security of our team members, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including fraud prevention)
- requirements under law or regulations, or for other purposes explained at the time of collection
- recruiting team members and contractors
Direct marketing and opting out
To be added to our email list, you will need to 'opt in' to this and provide your email address and contact details to Vicious Cycle
You can opt out from receiving our marketing communications at any time by:
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages to opt out of receiving those messages.
- emailing a crew member at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing of personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws and regulations
- Vicious Cycle's contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, hard copy and electronic mail houses, suppliers, and external business advisers (eg auditors and lawyers).
Access to, and correction of, personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
We will provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will provide access in the manner that you have requested provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. A fee may be charged to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
Where you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, or irrelevant, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that the information is accurate, up-to-date, and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
Please contact a Vicious Cycle crew member if you would like to access or to correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is properly protected.
Security of Personal Information
Vicious Cycle takes measures to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. This includes protection measures, security restrictions on access to the our computer systems, controlled access to our premises, policies on document storage and security, and workplace policies. Information is stored in different ways, including in paper and electronic form.
We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure access to and use of personal information within Vicious Cycle is appropriately limited to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of information.
- ensure that the personal information that we use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete;
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
- ensure that in instances where other organisations provide support and or services, Vicious Cycle requests them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
We endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, however, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online - you disclose that information at your own risk.
If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact a Vicious Cycle crew member via email. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
Third Party Website
The Vicious Cycle website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Vicious Cycle is not responsible for the content, privacy or security practices of those sites. Third party websites should have their own privacy policies which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information.
All complaints received by us will be handled in a fair, confidential, and timely manner. We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Further information about the Privacy law and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au or on 1300 363 992.